Newark Program Manager
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND REQUIREMENTS
Mission: Imagine believes that no child should grieve alone. We imagine a world where grief and loss are transformed into empathy, compassion and resilience. We imagine a community where those grieving are cared for and supported. We imagine this world is possible.
About Imagine: Imagine is a growing and evolving organization, that began in Westfield, NJ, and serves families from over 57 towns in NJ. Imagine provides free, year-round grief support for children and families coping with loss due to death. In addition to providing grief support at its two centers in Mountainside and Newark, Imagine provides grief education and training to schools, agencies, and workplaces, and on-site support after any traumatic loss. Imagine is looking for dynamic, energetic, smart and compassionate individuals who want to grow and evolve and put their talents to great use to make a difference in the world around them.
Summary: The Program Manager reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the co-creation, implementation and ongoing oversight of Imagine programs in Newark. Qualifications and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Program Manager Job Segments and Areas of Responsibility
Program Development, Implementation and Management: 50%
- Work in collaboration with Executive Director and COO to create and manage the strategic goals and plans for Newark programs
- Develop strategic partnerships to support our mission
- Manage grant application and reporting process for all Newark specific grants
- Ensure adherence to Imagine’s companioning model and trauma-informed model
- Recruit, train and manage volunteer facilitators with the support of the program and development teams.
- Respond to support calls for services, conduct orientations for potential Imagine participants and families and support families in need of services.
- Facilitate up to three Nights of Support (NOS) every two weeks, Imagine’s peer grief support programming.
- Co-develop, oversee growth and implementation of In School Support Program through creating partnerships with Newark public schools and Newark Charter schools to create grief informed schools, supporting students, staff, families and teachers.
- Support the development of program analysis to meet the emerging needs of the community, collect data and outcome measurements for program assessment.
Community Outreach and Public Relations – 20%
- Cultivate and drive the community outreach strategy
- Seek and develop relationships with key stakeholders and leaders in the greater Newark community
- Develop, create and coordinate Marketing (including a Social Media Strategy) and Communications strategy and materials
- Attend appropriate networking opportunities
- Form Newark Leadership and Newark Advisory Council
- Write and distribute Press Releases to local press and online outlets
- Assist the Communications group to maintain a strong social media presence
- Host monthly one-hour information sessions/tours
Supervision and Management – 20%
- Cultivate a strong workplace environment and experience full of growth, joy, and support in alignment with the organizational vision
- Coach and develop Program Associates to support families and volunteers, as well as execute trainings and partnerships under the guidance of company HR policies
- Direct management of staff members
- Set annual objectives and perform mid-year and year end performance review
- Ensure staff receives monthly clinical supervision and development opportunities
Financial and Administrative – 10%
- Collaborate and coordinate with COO and Executive Director on budget projections
- Manage the budget
- Manage payment and controls of expenditures including stipends
- Work, coordinate and advise COO and Executive Director in preparing financial data for board review
- Prepare data metrics for weekly/ monthly management and board reporting, as well as monthly reporting for external funders
- Assist with preparing content for grant proposals and reports
- Attend meetings with grant funders and donors as outlined in contract
The qualification profile for the position must include:
- Master’s level degree in a mental health discipline with specific experience in trauma- informed care and interventions
- Working and relational knowledge of the city of Newark
- Minimum 3 years of applicable experience working with children and families in the field of grief support
- Track record in the planning, development, implementation, and ongoing management of support programs including peer support, trauma recovery, individual mental health services, and training and education
- Experience effecting systemic program change
Core competencies required include:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a team mentality
- Authenticity and comfort with vulnerability
- Experience supporting and developing other social workers
- Effective communication and relationship building skills
- Developing and managing annual/program budgets
- Demonstrated skills in partnership building and community outreach
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- A commitment to growth and excellence
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Travel required
- In person required
This position is exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”), as well as under any and all applicable state (New Jersey) and local laws, rules and regulations.
This Position Description and Requirements for Program Manager is subject to change, revision and amendment by Imagine, at any time, with or without advance notice. Imagine will, however, endeavor to provide such changed, revised and/or amended to Position Description and Requirements to the Program Manager, as soon thereafter as practicable, including any supplement to such Position Description and Requirements. Finally, at the sole discretion of Imagine, through the Executive Director, the Program Manager might, at any time, be required to perform other, different and/or or additional requirements than those set forth and detailed above.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All Imagine staff are vaccinated against Covid-19. Participants and volunteers involved in our in-person support groups are required to be vaccinated.
Apply on Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Newark%20Program%20Manager&l=NJ&vjk=ec190e7104b7fc94&advn=5903537652227035